Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Unit Commander, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
User avatar
Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 2577
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Joshua_Cohle » August 11th, 2019, 11:36 pm

Bogdan_Pavlovic wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:34 pm
I am sorry for posting so many questions, I honestly hope this is the last one.

Just asking, are private academies still a thing?
No. They don't happen because of the lack of resources. But you're warned about the matter below the academy schedule:
The filing period may be suspended AT ANY TIME without prior notice AND the examination may reopen as the needs of the service require. Aspiring recruits must attend one occurrence of each academy class. If you cannot make any group of the 6 classes, please do not apply.
Image
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Bogdan_Pavlovic
Posts: 32
Joined: August 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: BogdanPavlov_
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Bogdan_Pavlovic » August 11th, 2019, 11:38 pm

Gary_Sines wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:36 pm
Bogdan_Pavlovic wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:34 pm
I am sorry for posting so many questions, I honestly hope this is the last one.

Just asking, are private academies still a thing?
No. They don't happen because of the lack of resources. But you're warned about the matter below the academy schedule:
The filing period may be suspended AT ANY TIME without prior notice AND the examination may reopen as the needs of the service require. Aspiring recruits must attend one occurrence of each academy class. If you cannot make any group of the 6 classes, please do not apply.
I could make it to all of those classes, but the problem is that I might have to go AFK mid-class for a few minutes and then I would (probably) miss out on something important and/or it would look stupid if everyone is there, and I'm just standing AFK. Is being AFK too much of an issue?

User avatar
Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 2577
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Joshua_Cohle » August 11th, 2019, 11:39 pm

You'll have the chance to ask such questions once you reach the academy stage.
Image
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Bogdan_Pavlovic
Posts: 32
Joined: August 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: BogdanPavlov_
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Bogdan_Pavlovic » August 13th, 2019, 8:12 pm

I'm sorry for being pushy, but I'm just asking, how long does one approx. wait in the TS3 waiting room for the structured interview? I have waited around an hour and didn't get any responses yet so I can't help but wonder is it normal or not? Thanks in advance. :)

User avatar
Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 2577
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Joshua_Cohle » August 13th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Bogdan_Pavlovic wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 8:12 pm
I'm sorry for being pushy, but I'm just asking, how long does one approx. wait in the TS3 waiting room for the structured interview? I have waited around an hour and didn't get any responses yet so I can't help but wonder is it normal or not? Thanks in advance. :)
I don't have an appropriate answer for this question. It can take from a minute to hours. Background Investigators are volunteers who dedicate their free time to conducting interviews.
Image
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Bogdan_Pavlovic
Posts: 32
Joined: August 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: BogdanPavlov_
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Bogdan_Pavlovic » August 13th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Gary_Sines wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 9:47 pm
Bogdan_Pavlovic wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 8:12 pm
I'm sorry for being pushy, but I'm just asking, how long does one approx. wait in the TS3 waiting room for the structured interview? I have waited around an hour and didn't get any responses yet so I can't help but wonder is it normal or not? Thanks in advance. :)
I don't have an appropriate answer for this question. It can take from a minute to hours. Background Investigators are volunteers who dedicate their free time to conducting interviews.
I know, and I understand that. I was just wondering if it's normal or not, and the deadline is in two days so I'm kind off in a hurry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for your reply though. :)

Ross_Burton
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Posts: 66
Joined: January 7th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: fukyaa
Duty Pistol: Ruger P90 (.45 ACP)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift
Contact:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Ross_Burton » September 11th, 2019, 10:00 pm

I've failed my PQE with score of 6 out of 12 on 2/09.
Am I allowed to take a part in the upcoming recruitment drive?

User avatar
Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 2577
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Joshua_Cohle » September 11th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Pedro_Abrego wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:00 pm
I've failed my PQE with score of 6 out of 12 on 2/09.
Am I allowed to take a part in the upcoming recruitment drive?
I'm not sure what a PQE is.
Image
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Ross_Burton
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Posts: 66
Joined: January 7th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: fukyaa
Duty Pistol: Ruger P90 (.45 ACP)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift
Contact:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Ross_Burton » September 12th, 2019, 5:41 am

Gary_Sines wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:48 pm
Pedro_Abrego wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:00 pm
I've failed my PQE with score of 6 out of 12 on 2/09.
Am I allowed to take a part in the upcoming recruitment drive?
I'm not sure what a PQE is.
It's some kind of written examination in LSPD's recruitment process.

User avatar
Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 2577
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Joshua_Cohle » September 12th, 2019, 6:05 am

Your past LSPD recruitment progression shall not have any influence on your LSSD progresson, unless you get banned.
Image
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Post Reply