Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Unit Commander, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
LSSD
"A Tradition of Service"
"A Tradition of Service"
LS-RP Forum Name: Name

Post by LSSD » September 10th, 2018, 9:20 pm

This thread serves as a library for commonly and frequently asked questions regarding the hiring process of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Before posting on this page, ensure that you have gone through the list, have read all available material, and verified that the same question was not asked previously.

Purposefully denoting to be a nuisance through misuse of this thread or any other public communication medium may result in a ban from the hiring process.

Only deputies which are part of the Training Bureau are able to answer questions in this thread.

What can I actually see in this section?
  • As a visitor or as a recruit, you are only able to see the publicly available information about the program and nothing else. Furthermore, as a recruit, you will be able to see attendance lists and additional manuals.
    Implying or role playing that you see information not authorized to your character (such as other people's applications) may result in punishment.

When will recruitment open?
  • We don't ever have a specific date, so this question has no specific answer. Recruitment is solely opened to fill vacancies, and drive openings will be announced adequately.

Do I need double faction permissions?
  • If you are a member of an official faction, invited or not, you are required to request double faction permissions here, as obliged by server wide rules. Not doing so prior to applying will result in removal from the process.

Can I apply for another faction at the same time?
  • No. You will be removed from our recruitment and more than likely the other faction's recruitment as well for this.

What can I do if I have an administrator record?
  • Candidates who have received disciplinary action from server administration in the past two (2) months may be rejected, depending on severity.

How do I convert the dates and times I encounter into my time zone?
  • The easiest way to go on about this is to log in game, check the time, and calculate time differences yourself.

How can I fill out the application?

What do I do if I can't attend a class?
  • You can apply and attempt to schedule a private class with our instructors. Otherwise, you can wait for the next batch in hopes that you would have a better schedule. Please make sure that you don't rely on private classes to complete your entire training.

Can I apply again after getting disqualified from the current recruitment drive?
  • Generally, you should not reapply under a different character. The only exception to this is usually made whenever your character is denied for a criminal record: in this case, you can reapply with a new character with a clean record.

Are there any activity requirements in the faction?
  • Yes, faction members are expected to generally have an average monthly activity of one hour. This means that managing to fit seven hours of playtime in a week, and doing it for an entire month, will keep you in the clear. If you have to go on absence, there are means to do this internally, and you may be excused from this requirement for a period of time.

What level do I need to be to apply?
  • You need to have at least one level four character on your account. It doesn't have to be the one you are applying with; so long that you reached level four at least once.

Can I apply again after getting disqualified from the current recruitment drive?
  • Generally, you should not reapply under a different character. The only exception to this is usually made whenever your character is denied for a criminal record: in this case, you can reapply with a new character with a clean record.

Can I skip the academy?
  • No. The academies are an unique opportunity for roleplay, and respectively a test of roleplay in a specific environment and specific atmosphere. Academies are obligatory for this reason, and insisting on this question is seen as superficiality.

How do I get in touch with the Training Bureau?
  • Individuals wishing to go through and/or going through the recruitment process of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department shall at all times follow the appropriate chain of command when interacting with Training Bureau Staff.

Appeals of any type shall be forwarded to the Training Bureau Command collectively, while general questions and inquiries shall be sent to the Training Bureau Supervisory Staff. Investigators and/or Instructors shall not be questioned about either of the matters listed above.
    (( This notice applies on an out-of-character level as well. Generally, (ban) appeals are sent to the ASD: TB Command Staff usergroup, while general questions about your applications must be forwarded to the ASD: TB Supervisory Staff group. Please ensure you contact your appropriate chain of command, meaning you go to the lowest ranked person on the list above relevant to your issue (Sergeants of BIU/RTU). ))

Ricardo_Alvarado
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: lynx
Duty Pistol: Beretta 92F (9mm)
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station
Shift: EM Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Ricardo_Alvarado » October 2nd, 2018, 2:27 am

(( Hello, I got terminated from PD on the April 10th of March, 2018 and applied for reinstatement four months later. However, I got disqualified from joining the PD through any employment methods for six months. (reference). Some time later, I sent my application to join SD and got denied due to the termination I received plenty of time before and was told to apply for the next batch. With this being said, am I still able to apply to join SD? ))
DEPUTY SHERIFF RICARDO ALVARADO
Patrol Deputy, Santa Clara Valley Station
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Joshua_Cohle
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Administrative Services Division HQ

Post by Joshua_Cohle » October 2nd, 2018, 5:21 am

Douglas_McSweeney wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 2:27 am

(( Hello, I got terminated from PD on the April 10th of March, 2018 and applied for reinstatement four months later. However, I got disqualified from joining the PD through any employment methods for six months. (reference). Some time later, I sent my application to join SD and got denied due to the termination I received plenty of time before and was told to apply for the next batch. With this being said, am I still able to apply to join SD? ))
Yes, you are if you have no active faction bans from the LSPD.
CAPTAIN JOSHUA COHLE
Unit Commander, Training Bureau

SERGEANT GARY SINES — SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
LIEUTENANT BELLA CARRANZA — INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU

Benjamin_Dent
Timezone: GMT+10
LS-RP Forum Name: Dent

Post by Benjamin_Dent » October 2nd, 2018, 2:07 pm

(( I've been instructed to complete the written test and submit it to the "ASD: TB Supervisory Staff" usergroup. As far as I can tell, that usergroup does not exist. Could I please get a link to the specific group I should be sending it to? Is there a method to send it to the entire group or should I just be adding each individual person from that group manually?. Cheers. ))

Damian_McFadden
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
LS-RP Forum Name: Moody

Post by Damian_McFadden » October 2nd, 2018, 3:21 pm

Benjamin_Dent wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 2:07 pm
(( I've been instructed to complete the written test and submit it to the "ASD: TB Supervisory Staff" usergroup. As far as I can tell, that usergroup does not exist. Could I please get a link to the specific group I should be sending it to? Is there a method to send it to the entire group or should I just be adding each individual person from that group manually?. Cheers. ))
CAPTAIN DAMIAN MCFADDEN
Facilities Planning Bureau, Administrative Services Division

FORMER DIVISION CHIEF — ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DIVISION

Benjamin_Dent

Post by Benjamin_Dent » October 2nd, 2018, 4:29 pm

(( I think I may be an idiot. I don't have that box? ))

Magnus_Mason
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Duco
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station

Post by Magnus_Mason » October 2nd, 2018, 5:01 pm

Benjamin_Dent wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 4:29 pm
(( I think I may be an idiot. I don't have that box? ))

(( Can you try if this link works? ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&g=284 ))
DEPUTY SHERIFF MAGNUS MASON

Benjamin_Dent

Post by Benjamin_Dent » October 2nd, 2018, 5:07 pm

(( Says that I am not authorised to send private messages to groups. ))

Serenity_Wyatt
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Timezone: GMT +1
LS-RP Forum Name: Dropper
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)

Post by Serenity_Wyatt » October 2nd, 2018, 6:44 pm

You should be able to send private messages to the respective group now. Thank you.
CAPTAIN SERENITY WYATT
Unit Commander, Internal Affairs Bureau
meowdex

Kenneth_Tsang
Timezone: GMT London
LS-RP Forum Name: WildThing

Post by Kenneth_Tsang » October 3rd, 2018, 9:41 pm

Are applications open?