Frequently Asked Questions
This thread serves as a library for commonly and frequently asked questions regarding the hiring process of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Before posting on this page, ensure that you have gone through the list, have read all available material, and verified that the same question was not asked previously.
Purposefully denoting to be a nuisance through misuse of this thread or any other public communication medium may result in a ban from the hiring process.
Only deputies which are part of the Training Bureau are able to answer questions in this thread.
What can I actually see in this section?
- As a visitor or as a recruit, you are only able to see the publicly available information about the program and nothing else. Furthermore, as a recruit, you will be able to see attendance lists and additional manuals.
Implying or role playing that you see information not authorized to your character (such as other people's applications) may result in punishment.
When will recruitment open?
- We don't ever have a specific date, so this question has no specific answer. Recruitment is solely opened to fill vacancies, and drive openings will be announced adequately.
Do I need double faction permissions?
- If you are a member of an official faction, invited or not, you are required to request double faction permissions here, as obliged by server wide rules. Not doing so prior to applying will result in removal from the process.
Can I apply for another faction at the same time?
- No. You will be removed from our recruitment and more than likely the other faction's recruitment as well for this.
What can I do if I have an administrator record?
- Candidates who have received disciplinary action from server administration in the past two (2) months may be rejected, depending on severity.
How do I convert the dates and times I encounter into my time zone?
- The easiest way to go on about this is to log in game, check the time, and calculate time differences yourself.
How can I fill out the application?
- Check the Filing Guidelines page.
What do I do if I can't attend a class?
- You can apply and attempt to schedule a private class with our instructors. Otherwise, you can wait for the next batch in hopes that you would have a better schedule. Please make sure that you don't rely on private classes to complete your entire training.
Can I apply again after getting disqualified from the current recruitment drive?
- Generally, you should not reapply under a different character. The only exception to this is usually made whenever your character is denied for a criminal record: in this case, you can reapply with a new character with a clean record.
Are there any activity requirements in the faction?
- Yes, faction members are expected to generally have an average monthly activity of one hour. This means that managing to fit seven hours of playtime in a week, and doing it for an entire month, will keep you in the clear. If you have to go on absence, there are means to do this internally, and you may be excused from this requirement for a period of time.
What level do I need to be to apply?
- You need to have at least one level four character on your account. It doesn't have to be the one you are applying with; so long that you reached level four at least once.