Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Commanding Officer, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
Marcus_Wesley
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Posts: 295
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 7:38 pm
Timezone: GMT-4 / ET
LS-RP Forum Name: CloutToken
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station
Shift: EM Shift
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Marcus_Wesley » March 18th, 2019, 2:00 am

Am I allowed to paraphrase an essay answer for a question that I've gotten before?
Image
Image
RETIRED DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) MARCUS WESLEY
EM Shift, Santa Clara Valley Station
Tactical Support Team, Special Enforcement Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

POLICE OFFICER II DERRICK MURRAY
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

User avatar
Alexia_Whitaker
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Posts: 1254
Joined: February 28th, 2016, 4:36 pm
LS-RP Forum Name: Iudex
Duty Pistol: Ruger P90 (.45 ACP)
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Alexia_Whitaker » March 18th, 2019, 2:05 am

Marcus_Wesley wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 2:00 am
Am I allowed to paraphrase an essay answer for a question that I've gotten before?
If it was on the same character, I do not see an issue so long it's not a carbon copy.
Image
CAPTAIN ALEXIA WHITAKER
Unit Commander, Internal Affairs Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Marcus_Wayfield
Posts: 8
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 1:17 am
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: sodarare

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Marcus_Wayfield » March 18th, 2019, 2:20 am

Am I able to apply from another character if I have one banned? Thanks.

Online
User avatar
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Posts: 2181
Joined: June 18th, 2017, 2:24 am
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Assignment: Patrol Operations Division HQ
Shift: Traffic

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » March 18th, 2019, 10:32 am

Marcus_Wayfield wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 2:20 am
Am I able to apply from another character if I have one banned? Thanks.
No. You must have the first character unbanned to re-apply.
Image
SERGEANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Sergeant, Traffic Services Bureau
Assistant Commanding Officer, Training Bureau
FTP Administrator, Santa Clara Valley Station
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Astrid_Lawrence
Posts: 12
Joined: January 29th, 2019, 4:44 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Nour_Ashraf

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Astrid_Lawrence » March 19th, 2019, 11:47 pm

What happens if I wasn't able to attend the interview before the deadline ?

Peter_Acosta
LSPD RED Liaison
LSPD RED Liaison
Posts: 614
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:51 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Zakhaev22
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Peter_Acosta » March 19th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Lily_Marshall wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 11:47 pm
What happens if I wasn't able to attend the interview before the deadline ?
You might get disqualified or allowed to continue during the next process of hiring, it depends.
Image
POLICE OFFICER III PETER ACOSTA
Recruitment Supervisor - Recruitment and Employment Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Leo_Todd
Posts: 8
Joined: February 17th, 2019, 1:32 am
Timezone: GMT-5
LS-RP Forum Name: hotstufkiloo

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Leo_Todd » March 21st, 2019, 3:56 pm

I have numerous questions.

- Do we have to make any two batches of classes? My situation would be I could attend 1A but not 1B. Can I attend 1A and 2B?

- Will the A classes be more of a classroom setting vs 2B which will be more of hands-on training? I only ask because I want to use my shitty laptop to sit around for the class and my good computer for the training for screenshots of RP and FPS free lag.

- Structured interview deadline is tomorrow and nobody has hit me up on TeamSpeak today. What should I do? I'll be home in about six hours to try and get an interview anyone specific I should private message?

- How long are the classes? My schedule is really tight so I'm trying to find the perfect fit and in doing that I need to know the length of training classes.

Thank you!

Online
User avatar
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Posts: 2181
Joined: June 18th, 2017, 2:24 am
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Assignment: Patrol Operations Division HQ
Shift: Traffic

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » March 21st, 2019, 4:13 pm

Leo_Todd wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 3:56 pm
I have numerous questions.

- Do we have to make any two batches of classes? My situation would be I could attend 1A but not 1B. Can I attend 1A and 2B?

- Will the A classes be more of a classroom setting vs 2B which will be more of hands-on training? I only ask because I want to use my shitty laptop to sit around for the class and my good computer for the training for screenshots of RP and FPS free lag.

- Structured interview deadline is tomorrow and nobody has hit me up on TeamSpeak today. What should I do? I'll be home in about six hours to try and get an interview anyone specific I should private message?

- How long are the classes? My schedule is really tight so I'm trying to find the perfect fit and in doing that I need to know the length of training classes.

Thank you!
As long as you attend one class for each course, you would be fine. Meaning, 1A, 2B, 3A would be alright.

Yes. But every class does go over a theoretical part. There is some physical training involved in the first class as well. I will leave it up to you to decide on what to use.

You cannot do much. You just need to follow the instructions given to you. If you are not able to complete it, you may be allowed to stay at the current stage for the next drive or may be removed. It depends.

It really depends. One class can be finished as early as an hour and a half or go on for an hour more. It is up to the instructors and the recruits.
Image
SERGEANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Sergeant, Traffic Services Bureau
Assistant Commanding Officer, Training Bureau
FTP Administrator, Santa Clara Valley Station
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Leo_Todd
Posts: 8
Joined: February 17th, 2019, 1:32 am
Timezone: GMT-5
LS-RP Forum Name: hotstufkiloo

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Leo_Todd » March 22nd, 2019, 12:38 am

Just curious what happens when you fail to meet the deadline for an interview? Do you have to redo the entire application process?

I missed the deadline but it is still 3/21 in my timezone.

User avatar
Kenneth_Decker
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Posts: 2360
Joined: April 29th, 2013, 5:49 am
Timezone: Somewhere
LS-RP Forum Name: Airwalk
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station
Shift: Detective Bureau

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Kenneth_Decker » March 22nd, 2019, 12:47 am

You're gonna have to apply for the next drive.

Post Reply