Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Commanding Officer, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
Kevin_Ruson
Posts: 3
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 9:36 am
LS-RP Forum Name: Kevin_Ruson

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Kevin_Ruson » March 27th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Do we need to attend every classes each Monday to Friday during the half a year? If so, how many hours does one class often take?

Richard_Terres
Posts: 42
Joined: August 10th, 2018, 2:03 am
Timezone: GMT+3
LS-RP Forum Name: yasinkl

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Richard_Terres » March 27th, 2019, 6:06 pm

It was being written as that I can mention my concerns or questions to TB supervisory staff. I did, but no answer was given since then. How long does it take approximately?

User avatar
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Posts: 2314
Joined: June 18th, 2017, 2:24 am
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » March 27th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Kevin_Ruson wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Do we need to attend every classes each Monday to Friday during the half a year? If so, how many hours does one class often take?
Your question is a bit unclear. You need to attend at least one class A or B for each course (1, 2 and 3). That means 1A, 2B, 3B for example, should be fine. Each class takes anything between 1 hour to over 2 and a half hours. It entirely depends on instructors, number of students and the course in question.
Richard_Terres wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 6:06 pm
It was being written as that I can mention my concerns or questions to TB supervisory staff. I did, but no answer was given since then. How long does it take approximately?
Your situation will be handled. Apologies for the delay.
Image
LIEUTENANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Coordinator, Field Training Program
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Kevin_Ruson
Posts: 3
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 9:36 am
LS-RP Forum Name: Kevin_Ruson

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Kevin_Ruson » March 28th, 2019, 6:02 am

“ACADEMY TRAINING
The Sheriff's Academy is a twenty-two (22) week training program. Classes are conducted Monday through Friday and some weekends and holidays. The Academy days are generally two and one-half hours long and may be conducted in shifts”

Please tell me what does the 22 week training program contains? Do the recruits train every weekday? Does it mean after the 1A1B1C training, recruits can be sheriff deputy trainee?

User avatar
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Posts: 2314
Joined: June 18th, 2017, 2:24 am
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » March 28th, 2019, 7:36 am

Kevin_Ruson wrote:
March 28th, 2019, 6:02 am
“ACADEMY TRAINING
The Sheriff's Academy is a twenty-two (22) week training program. Classes are conducted Monday through Friday and some weekends and holidays. The Academy days are generally two and one-half hours long and may be conducted in shifts”

Please tell me what does the 22 week training program contains? Do the recruits train every weekday? Does it mean after the 1A1B1C training, recruits can be sheriff deputy trainee?
That is the IC part of the process. That is not how it actually goes. From an OOC perspective, after you are done with the 3 courses, the academy is basically finished and you get the exam. You receive further instructions once that is done.
Image
LIEUTENANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Coordinator, Field Training Program
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Kevin_Ruson
Posts: 3
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 9:36 am
LS-RP Forum Name: Kevin_Ruson

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Kevin_Ruson » March 28th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Alright, so how long does that take after the IC exam to be a Deputy Sheriff Trainee? Does that need nearly six months?

User avatar
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Posts: 2314
Joined: June 18th, 2017, 2:24 am
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » March 28th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Kevin_Ruson wrote:
March 28th, 2019, 4:01 pm
Alright, so how long does that take after the IC exam to be a Deputy Sheriff Trainee? Does that need nearly six months?
I do not know where you are getting this from. As I said, you get further instructions once there. It does not take six months.
Image
LIEUTENANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Coordinator, Field Training Program
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Jacob_Griffin
Posts: 37
Joined: April 9th, 2019, 2:25 am
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: slp
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station
Shift: Day Shift
Contact:

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Jacob_Griffin » April 11th, 2019, 12:22 pm

If my character does not have a "home", and I instead currently role play staying at different motels, what should I write in the address field? (I spawn at the airport and have yet to find a more permanent residence)

I have already applied but fear that due to addressing the Address field with N/A, I will have to correct that as you use the address during the recruitment process.

Ryan_Banks
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Posts: 986
Joined: October 2nd, 2018, 1:51 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Emilio_Turner
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station
Contact:

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Ryan_Banks » April 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Jacob_Griffin wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 12:22 pm
If my character does not have a "home", and I instead currently role play staying at different motels, what should I write in the address field? (I spawn at the airport and have yet to find a more permanent residence)

I have already applied but fear that due to addressing the Address field with N/A, I will have to correct that as you use the address during the recruitment process.
You can use the address of the motel you rent, you don't actually need to own a house.
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) RYAN BANKS
Image
Santa Clara Valley Station

TRAINING BUREAUSenior Background Investigator
AERO BUREAU — Pilot
TRAFFIC SERVICES DETAILTraffic Deputy
Image
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

onimixer
Posts: 2
Joined: April 11th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Onix_Murphy
Shift: Traffic

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by onimixer » April 11th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Do I need a 2 month clean admin record before applying?

Post Reply