Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Commanding Officer, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins
Duty Pistol: Sig Sauer P226 (9mm)
Shift: Day Shift

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Shawn_Faucher » April 14th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Maria_Valiente wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 7:57 pm
I could apply with another character or do I have to wait since I got disqualified.
As stated in the reply, you cannot apply until the next drive, under any circumstances. That applies on an OOC level as well, which means you cannot re-apply with a different character.
LIEUTENANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Coordinator, Field Training Program
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Jacob_Griffin
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: slp
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Station

Post by Jacob_Griffin » April 16th, 2019, 11:11 pm

I just did something that I realised might reflect badly on me. I'm currently a Deputy Sheriff Recruit, but changed one of my character's name (unrelated to this one) as I wanted to roleplay something else with him. Is this not an issue as you already have an up-to-date admin record on him?

Shawn_Faucher
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Timezone: GMT +5
LS-RP Forum Name: Alex_Hawkins

Post by Shawn_Faucher » April 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Jacob_Griffin wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 11:11 pm
I just did something that I realised might reflect badly on me. I'm currently a Deputy Sheriff Recruit, but changed one of my character's name (unrelated to this one) as I wanted to roleplay something else with him. Is this not an issue as you already have an up-to-date admin record on him?
As long as the Recruit character itself is not namechanged and no server rules are broken with the other character, you should be fine.
LIEUTENANT SHAWN FAUCHER
Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Coordinator, Field Training Program
Pilot, Aero Bureau

Los Santos Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Richard_O'Sullivan
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Timezone: GMT +0.
LS-RP Forum Name: UxBurn
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station

Post by Richard_O'Sullivan » April 17th, 2019, 9:09 pm

I waited the whole day for an interview, when someone came we were six people waiting for hours, I had done my OOC part of the interview and waited for the IC part.

Eventually two of us were left, Kristeen Phoenix and I, we had decided that she should go first, and the interviewer said he will do my interview afterwards, when he finished her interview he simply opened the door, saw me, left and I tried contacting someone else to complete my interview..

Problem is I cannot be online tomorrow and the day after tomorrow is the deadline, so what am I supposed to do?
Pilot
"I fight injustice for the sake of innocents, and for my own future."
Traffic Deputy
"The only way to achieve order is by enforcing the law upon those who break it and posing an example."

Nicolas_Escalante
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
LS-RP Forum Name: Dov98

Post by Nicolas_Escalante » April 17th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Richard_O'Sullivan wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 9:09 pm
I waited the whole day for an interview, when someone came we were six people waiting for hours, I had done my OOC part of the interview and waited for the IC part.

Eventually two of us were left, Kristeen Phoenix and I, we had decided that she should go first, and the interviewer said he will do my interview afterwards, when he finished her interview he simply opened the door, saw me, left and I tried contacting someone else to complete my interview..

Problem is I cannot be online tomorrow and the day after tomorrow is the deadline, so what am I supposed to do?
Interview deadline is on 19/APR/2019. You need to finish your interview until then. If you can't do it tomorrow, try to do it on Friday then.

Richard_O'Sullivan
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Timezone: GMT +0.
LS-RP Forum Name: UxBurn

Post by Richard_O'Sullivan » April 17th, 2019, 9:18 pm

Nicolas_Escalante wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 9:17 pm
April 17th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Interview deadline is on 19/APR/2019. You need to finish your interview until then. If you can't do it tomorrow, try to do it on Friday then.
Can't someone come now? I've literally been waiting all day anyway, so I might as welll stay a bit longer.
Pilot
"I fight injustice for the sake of innocents, and for my own future."
Traffic Deputy
"The only way to achieve order is by enforcing the law upon those who break it and posing an example."

Nicolas_Escalante
LS-RP Forum Name: Dov98

Post by Nicolas_Escalante » April 17th, 2019, 9:21 pm

April 17th, 2019, 9:18 pm
Can't someone come now? I've literally been waiting all day anyway, so I might as welll stay a bit longer.
You should contact us IC and someone should be able to respond. I hope you will finish your interview on time!

Kevin_Astorga
LS-RP Forum Name: cvenzo
Shift: Traffic

Post by Kevin_Astorga » April 18th, 2019, 10:40 am

Unfortunately I won't be able to come on teamspeak or IG for the structured interview today. Will I be able to do it on friday or is it gonna be too late already?

Alexia_Whitaker
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
LS-RP Forum Name: Iudex
Duty Pistol: Ruger P90 (.45 ACP)

Post by Alexia_Whitaker » April 18th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Kevin_Astorga wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 10:40 am
Unfortunately I won't be able to come on teamspeak or IG for the structured interview today. Will I be able to do it on friday or is it gonna be too late already?
We'll allow leeway depending on the circumstances. We'll give it a bit, you can try Friday the lastest.
COMMANDER ALEXIA WHITAKER
Area Commander, Professional Standards Division Headquarters
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Jenson_Athers
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: Scutter
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)
Shift: Traffic

Post by Jenson_Athers » April 19th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Sabrina_Levy wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 1:33 pm
Kevin_Astorga wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 10:40 am
We'll allow leeway depending on the circumstances. We'll give it a bit, you can try Friday the lastest.
I've been IG and on TS for the majority of the day and even asked IC'ly via 991 and can't seem to get anyone to conduct my interview. I know you said by Friday the latest but I'm about to go to work for the night. Any chance I could do it like tomorrow or Sunday?
DEPUTY SHERIFF JENSON ATHERS (#17879)
Traffic Deputy, Traffic Services Detail
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"