Frequently Asked Questions

Those applying to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can find all the information they need within this section.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command Staff, LSSD Executive Staff, ASD: TB, ASD: TB Commanding Officer, ASD: TB Background Investigations Unit, ASD: Division Headquarters

Forum rules
Elias_Grano
Timezone: GMT + 1
LS-RP Forum Name: lostindreams

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Elias_Grano » January 3rd, 2019, 10:27 pm

When is the next recruitment drive opening?

Gary_Sines
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Timezone: GMT+1
LS-RP Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Duty Pistol: Beretta 92G (9mm)
Assignment: East Los Santos Station
Shift: EM Shift

Post by Gary_Sines » January 3rd, 2019, 10:43 pm

To be determined.
SERGEANT GARY SINES
Watch Sergeant, East Los Santos Station
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Chelsea Saunders
LS-RP Forum Name: a bag of poop

Post by Chelsea Saunders » January 6th, 2019, 10:17 pm

(( I'd like to get in touch with one of the supervisors of SD, regarding the upcoming recruitment. It's really important and, I prefer a straight answer on the context, rather than having to wait 1 or 2 weeks, and then find out before receiving my PQE, that I've been ''TEMP DQ'' over nothing but an /ABSOLUTE OOC MATTER/. Senora Chels#2662 on Discord - Please any supervisor of SD seek contact, I've got a question. ))

Gary_Sines
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff

Post by Gary_Sines » January 6th, 2019, 11:21 pm

This topic is out-of-character so using double brackets is not necessary. You can ask your questions by replying here. We'll provide an answer to each and every as soon as possible.
SERGEANT GARY SINES

Chelsea Saunders

Post by Chelsea Saunders » January 6th, 2019, 11:49 pm

That's fine by me. I wonder if my lastname or the way I portray my character, is going to get in the way of me undergoing the PQE and interview. Because I had a discussion with LSPD before I came here. It was about the fact that the /supervisor/ did not see /why/ I would want to join the faction, since my character is a daughter to one of the most wealthy women of Los Santos.
But then again, shouldn't that be a concern of my own? I can choose whether I want to become a doctor, lawyer or a cop. Or even a criminal, for that matter. Because it's my own choice, and I can do so as I please. Kids go to school, they graduate and they want to become a doctor, firefighter, nurse, lawyer, and such and such. It should be a decision that I make on my own. Kids don't live out of their parents pockets /forever/. And parents do not provide for their children /forever/.

What I'm trying to say is, it shouldn't concern them. And I should be able to do the PQE test like every other applicants, after undergoing multiple reviews, that I had to before my PQE. After waiting for over a week, I've been ''TEMP-DQ'ed'' on OOC ground, the reason was my character doesn't fit the faction's concept, I feel insulted. Simply because it has nothing to do with IC, that's pretty much why I'm on this thread. And I wonder if I'm going to get the same treatment I was given by PD, if I am to apply for SD. I really look forward to this, and my motivation/focus is all for this. I do not care whose daughter I may be, please get to know me first in person. Or at least give me the equal-chance to prove to you whatever you think it takes to make it. Before you shoo me away like I'm nothing but a clown, or a rotten apple that has nothing but bad intentions for this faction. Please get to me know, then measure me by my actions fully from the beginning to the end. Don't take other people's actions that are close to me, and pin the things that they did or still do on me, and say that is what I'm about because you know better than that.

According to the supervisor which has put me on ''TEMP-DQ.''
If I was to come with a new character and start off dirt-poor, and wanting to become a police officer. It would of never been a problem, he'd of given me the PQE without making a sound. I don't agree with the guy, because if we are to go down that road, we can keep on going. There are big time gangsters that made it, and is able to provide for his family for the rest of their lifes, but his son or daughter still want to do the same bad shit his or her father is doing. Excuse my french. But it's his opinion, so I had to respect that. So I didn't make a big scene out of it. But it'd be nice to know, if I'll get the same treatment like the other applicants, before I file in my application and get DQ'ed over the same pathetic reason.

Thank you for reading this message. Regardless of what your answer may be.

Gary_Sines
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff

Post by Gary_Sines » January 7th, 2019, 12:15 am

You are not able to apply for the LSSD while you are actively serving a ban from the LSPD.
SERGEANT GARY SINES

Chelsea Saunders

Post by Chelsea Saunders » January 7th, 2019, 12:19 am

Gary_Sines wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:15 am
You are not able to apply for the LSSD while you are actively serving a ban from the LSPD.
With all due respect, sir. It's not a ban that I'm serving, it's a matter of smth that's completely OOC.

And if I was to come with a new character, he was going to be totally fine with that. He even said it himself.
https://pd.lsgov.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=850&t=253898 - It has nothing to do with IC. My admin record's been clean for 2 years. I passed like 2/3 reviews before I got PQE, then this happened. I can prove that none of what I'm telling you right here, is a lie. I've got the evidences, if you need them. I'm more than willing to show you it through discord.

BinaryRun
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Timezone: Servertime

Post by BinaryRun » January 7th, 2019, 12:43 am

Is the 3 different courses system still in place or is the old one academy only system back in service?

Gary_Sines
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff

Post by Gary_Sines » January 7th, 2019, 12:56 am

Chelsea Saunders wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:19 am
Gary_Sines wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:15 am
With all due respect, sir. It's not a ban that I'm serving, it's a matter of smth that's completely OOC.

And if I was to come with a new character, he was going to be totally fine with that. He even said it himself.
https://pd.lsgov.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=850&t=253898 - It has nothing to do with IC. My admin record's been clean for 2 years. I passed like 2/3 reviews before I got PQE, then this happened. I can prove that none of what I'm telling you right here, is a lie. I've got the evidences, if you need them. I'm more than willing to show you it through discord.
There's nothing holding you back from applying for the LSSD then. Good luck!
BinaryRun wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:43 am
Is the 3 different courses system still in place or is the old one academy only system back in service?
You may check it yourself by going through the recruitment schedule. You need to attend three different courses, yes.
SERGEANT GARY SINES

Elias_Grano
Timezone: GMT + 1
LS-RP Forum Name: lostindreams

Post by Elias_Grano » January 7th, 2019, 8:07 pm

((Can we apply while being in a company in that same character?))